You can easily use Bluetooth headphones on a laptop. Most laptops come with Bluetooth, but if it is not now in use, you can get an adapter with it as well that connects to the computer or laptop and makes it Bluetooth compatible and easy. The Bluetooth option on any device such as a laptop is very good because it gives you the freedom or the freeness of being free from the codes and attachments.
Bluetooth headphones are the best choice for a laptop or device to search and type and enjoy talking with another party or person. To use or allow Bluetooth headphones with your laptop, pair your computer or laptop with headphones by creating a connection with the device. Each computer or laptop has an operating system different from each other or one another, and the same goes for Bluetooth headphones on a laptop. Typically, it will connect easily and quickly with a simple method of pairing with other devices.
• Open the Start menu and look for the Device Manager, open it.
• Inside Device Manager look for a Bluetooth title, if you see the Bluetooth heading this means your laptop has a built-in Bluetooth function. Otherwise, your computer does not have built-in Bluetooth.
Turn On Bluetooth Device
• Click the Start button, type Bluetooth, and open the Bluetooth settings from a searched list.
• Press the toggle button to enable your Bluetooth in case it is off.
Connecting Your New Bluetooth Headphones
Now we move on to the real work of connecting a wireless Bluetooth headphone with the laptop.
Steps to pair your Bluetooth headphones with your Laptop
• Power up your wireless Bluetooth headphones by holding the power button.
• Put your Bluetooth headphones in discovery mode. This step varies with the types of headphones and manufacturers. Like a Lenovo, Bluetooth headphone accepts or rejects the pairing calls with the button. Holding the button for a few seconds will make the LED light blink, showing the device is now discoverable.
• Open the Start menu and click on the Settings icon or search for settings to open it. In the settings, windows click on the Devices than Bluetooth and other devices.
• Now you will be in the Bluetooth settings, here click on the ‘+’ icon. Add a Bluetooth or another device.
• Now select the option Bluetooth. It will search for active Bluetooth devices in proximity in pairing mode.
• Choose your unique Bluetooth headphones from the list of devices available to connect. It will start the pairing process.
• Once the headphone paired with a laptop will store the pairing information. So it will automatically try to connect to a previously connected laptop on powering.
• Open the Apple menu by clicking on the top left corner Apple logo. In the drop-down menu, click on About This Mac. A pop-up window will appear.
• In the Overview tab of About This Mac click on the system Report at the bottom of the window.
• Locate the Hardware section and expand the list by clicking the triangle. You will see a list of subcategories.
• In the expanded list search for Bluetooth title. If you do not find Bluetooth subheading, this means your laptop does not have a Bluetooth adapter installed by default.
• The Bluetooth function works by clicking the Bluetooth subheading. If it shows the detail of the Bluetooth information on the right side of the window’s panel, this confirms you have a built-in Bluetooth.
Turn On Bluetooth Device
• Click the Apple logo on the top left corner to open the Apple menu and click System Preferences.
• Click on the Bluetooth icon.
• Turn on the Bluetooth settings.
Pairing on MAC Laptop
• Click the Apple logo at the top left corner of the screen to open the Apple menu.
• From the menu select System Preferences that will open a window.
• Now select the Bluetooth icon from the system preferences.
• Turn on your Bluetooth (in this case it is off). It will make your laptop to search for active devices in pairing mode.
• Let your laptop search once you see your Bluetooth headphones in the tray of Devices. Select it and wait while the Mac pairs. You will get an alert if the pairing was successful.