It is a very common problem that most of people forget their laptop password. Most of the people think that there exist different solutions for different problems but that’s not the truth. Let’s take an example of how to reset the password of the laptop if they forget the login password. So whichever brand laptop you are using, its almost the same recovery method for all the laptops. If you are using a Toshiba laptop and forgot its password then do not worry we have the solution of how to reset the password on the Toshiba laptop without disk.
If you search the internet on how to reset the password, there will be a thousand results that tell you how to bypass a password so there will be confusion for you which method is the best to choose. So in this section we will help you to choose the easiest way to unlock your Toshiba laptop password. Some users think that there is no way to bypass the password so they go for the option of re_install the window of the laptop and format the important data of the laptop but that’s not the right option.
There are two ways in this situation to unlock the password of your laptop so you can use your laptop like before without any problem. The first one is to reset the password of the laptop with the reset disk, and the second one is to reset the password of the laptop without using a disk. In this section we will tell you how to reset your laptop password without disk so you can use your laptop like before.
Reset Toshiba laptop password without disk:
The “password reset disk” is only used to reset the password on systems in which reset disk is created. It cannot reset the passwords on other systems.
So if you don’t have password reset disk and you want to reset the login password without any loss of data or don’t want to re-install window, there is no worry because there is one more way to reset the password by using a window application called “Windows password recovery”.
It is one of the most popular and well known application which is used to reset passwords on computers and laptops. This application is available on all windows like XP,7,8,8.1, and 10. It can reset any password in a very short period and let you re-enter into your laptop without any loss of the data.
Benefits of Windows Password Recovery:
- This program support all models of Toshiba laptops.
- It reset the forgotten password in only 10 seconds.
- It works in all windows operating systems.
- It has built-in burring utility.
Following are the steps you need to follow to Unlock the Toshiba laptop without disk :
Step1) First you need to install and then launch the application “Windows Password Recovery”.
Step 2) Now you need to make a password reset disk with CD or USB drive. If you take CD/DVD, then insert the CD/DVD into the laptop and select the CD/DVD name from the menu and click on the “Burn CD/DVD”.
And if you take a USB drive, then insert the USB drive to the laptop and select the USB name from the menu and click on “Burn USB”.
When the burning process is completed, a message will be pop up on your screen and the message will be “Burning Successful”.
Step3) Once you have done with the burning process all you need to do is to eject the CD or USB and insert it onto the Toshiba laptop which is locked. Now restart the laptop and press the “Esc” button. Open the boot menu and go to the BIOS setting. Now set the first boot device CD or USB(which you have taken). Save the setting and restart the laptop then Windows Password Recovery will be opened on your screen.
Step 4) When the program is loaded automatically, select the OS which you are using then select the administrator username which is locked. Click on the “Reset” button to remove the password. Now restart the laptop and you can access your laptop without any loss of the data.
Reset password of Toshiba laptop by using command prompt:
The safe mode option of the window also recovers the password of the laptop. The basic responsibility of the safe mode in windows is to detect the errors and repair the system but it is also used to recover the password of the laptops. You need to follow the simple rules to know how to reset the password on Toshiba laptop without disk.
- First of all go to the login screen of the laptop and hold the “shift” button and choose the “restart” button from the power icon and enter into the windows recovery menu.
- Windows recovery menu only appears when you hold the shift button otherwise it will never open the menu.
- Now go to the options and choose the “Troubleshoot” option.
- In the Troubleshoot menu, you will see different options select the “Advanced options”.
- Now select the “Start-up setting”.
- From the start-up setting and click on the “Restart” button to enter into the Safe Mode.
- When the laptop gets restart a start-up setting screen is open with different options.
- Now press the key “F6” to enter the Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
- In command prompt window run the command “net user”.
- After that command you will get the message of password changed successfully on the screen.
- Now reboot your laptop again and sign in with your new password and access your laptop.
Reset password of Toshiba laptop with another administration account:
Following are the steps to bypass the password of your Toshiba laptop:
- Restart your Toshiba laptop and log in with another administration account.
- Navigate the start button to see “local users and groups”, in the search box type “lusrmgr.msc” and press enter key.
- After press the enter key now double click the “local users and groups”
- Now double click on the “Users”.
- Now choose the account which password you forgot and want to reset it and click on the “Set Password”.
- Enter the password you want and confirm it by re-entering and click on the “finish”
- After click on the finish option, your password is reset on the Toshiba laptop.
That’s all , In this article we discuss in detail all the methods that you can use to reset password of Toshiba without disk.